Friday 6 February 2015

6th February 1815: George Coldham seeks a trial by Secret Committee for James Towle

Dear Sir,

You knew the arrangement which has made respecting the Prosecutions against Towle a Prisoner confined in the County Gaol that it would be conducted by the Secret Committee here & that in Consideration of it a Sum commensurate to the Expence should be remitted me on that Account etc the time is now approaching to render it expedient that I should prepare for the Assizes I wish to know if you have any wish that the Counsel ordinarily retained for the Crown should have Briefs herein or that I should manage it without any relation to that Circumstance as the Secret Committee may Direct me.

I am Dear Sir Yours very faithfully
George Coldham

Nottingm 6th Febry 1815

[To John Beckett]

This letter can be found at HO 42/142.

No comments:

Post a Comment